Who You Gonna Call?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...Ghostbusters!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Calm Evenings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Victor Heartfield

Victor Heartfield

Calm Evenings Empty
PostSubject: Calm Evenings   Calm Evenings EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 8:06 am

Doc sat alone in a large comfy armchair, reading a book titled 'Experimental Photonweapons' and eating comfort food.
Outside the rain was beating on the windows and the poor souls unfortunate to be out.
The candle that Doc had lit was flickering a little, making the shadows dance.
'Nice book...' he thought as he shoved another mouth-full of marshmallows in his mouth.

(OOC This is after the Walk in the Park)
Back to top Go down
Bloody Nachos

Bloody Nachos

Calm Evenings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calm Evenings   Calm Evenings EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 9:49 pm

Nicholas floated throughout the rooms of the Headquarters. Rain outside always seemed to affect him. Even though he couldn't feel the cool drops of water on his skin (or lack thereof), it still had its effects on the boy ghost.
Whenever it rained, he just seemed to...calm down a little. Maybe his silence was in respect for those who died because of the rain, whether by car accident, a flooding...but no matter the case, he always felt that rain carried souls with it...as if each drop represented someone who was affected by it...
Some would say that rain reminded them of tears, but not Nicholas. Rain gave him more of a...reverend feeling, rather than sorrow or unhappiness. Maybe slight distress, butterflies in his stomach, the kind that bubble up when you see someone off on a journey, and you're not all too sure that they're going to return, or if you'll ever see them again.

He was so lost in his thought, he would have passed right through Doc, if the candle he had posted near him hadn't flickered in reaction to the chilling draft that always seemed to follow spirits around.
He snapped out of his thoughts, and tried to get into his normal, cheerful demeanor.

"Hay, Doc, whatcha readin'?" he floated behind Doc's shoulder and leaned over the armchair. His attention shifted after a moment to the window, and the slight drumming of the rain's fingers on the glass and sill.
At times like these, some could mistake him as being a serious fellow...as he preferred not to be called silly names, like Nacho, but rather Nicholas, his given name. It was all up to the speaker, though. He couldn't care less, it was just his preference.

((I AM INVADING YOU, HEAR ME RAWR.))
Back to top Go down
http://sakeke.deviantart.com
Victor Heartfield

Victor Heartfield

Calm Evenings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calm Evenings   Calm Evenings EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 7:57 am

Doc shifted in his seat, and looked at the ghost.
"I'm reading a book about Photon Weapons, its highly interesting"
Doc went back to his book and shoved yet another mouthfull of marshmallows in his mouth.
Back to top Go down
RonnieHanson

RonnieHanson

Calm Evenings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calm Evenings   Calm Evenings EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 9:01 am

Ronnie strode in to find Doc reading a book. "Hiya Doc, Nicho. How are ya?" The way she spoke would make you think that Doc and Nicho were half way across the planet. Ronnie didn't have a soft voice and a loud voice. The only volumes she knew of were 'loud' and 'louder'. She didn't do it on purpose she was just naturally loud, or obnoxious as her brother's put it. She went around and started to read the book over his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Victor Heartfield

Victor Heartfield

Calm Evenings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calm Evenings   Calm Evenings EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 9:06 am

Doc jumped in his chair.
"Bloody fuzz! Ronnie! You scared me woman! ...
Are you allright? You seem a little fazed out... So to speak."
Doc went back to his book.
Back to top Go down
RonnieHanson

RonnieHanson

Calm Evenings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calm Evenings   Calm Evenings EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:25 pm

"Bloody fuzz?" She raised her eyebrows. "Oh, I'm fine. Just a little... I don't know I have another hunch.." She expected him to raise an eyebrow at her, or to roll his eyes, or to scoff.

It was only natural. Her hunches we're usually stupid and unnessacary. But sometimes they were right. Ten percent of the time. But hey they were sometimes right! She shook her head slightly, trying to clear it.
Back to top Go down
Victor Heartfield

Victor Heartfield

Calm Evenings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calm Evenings   Calm Evenings EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 3:55 am

Doc looked up from the book, having learned far to early for it to be healthy, to listen to peoples hunches.
"A hunch? And what is this hunch? ... Is it about something... Unnatural? You are not having nightmares are you?" Doc shifted in his chair, looking out the window where the rain had grown heavier.
Back to top Go down
RonnieHanson

RonnieHanson

Calm Evenings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calm Evenings   Calm Evenings EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 9:59 am

She smiled. Doc usually listened to her hunches, no matter how outrageous they were. "No nothing like nightmares..." She let her voice trail off and her smile softened as she stared out at the rain. "Just a feeling... Like when Nicho came along. That kind of feeling. I don't know maybe its just a stupid hunch." She sank back into her chair and was silent for a minute. "I guess its kinda like... I feel like there's more than just Nicho's spirit in this place..."
Back to top Go down
Victor Heartfield

Victor Heartfield

Calm Evenings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calm Evenings   Calm Evenings EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 10:16 am

Doc frowned "You are not reffering to Master Bonsai I take it... He's usually to calm to be noticed... Well, how about we go and investigate? I could use the entertainment." Doc rose from his chair and put his book down on the table.
"You coming Nicho?" Doc walked over to the door. "We should go to the library, to see if there is anything there."
Back to top Go down
Bloody Nachos

Bloody Nachos

Calm Evenings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calm Evenings   Calm Evenings EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 5:22 pm

The ghost boy had stepped back a bit when Ronnie came into the room. He didn't want to interrupt.
He nodded when Doc addressed him.
"Sure, I'd love to come." he followed behind them quickly.
"Are you sure you don't just want to check the library to find another book?" he giggled. He, himself, couldn't read all that well, so he didn't exactly know what was so great about the books.
He'd seen the library before. There were a lot of books. More than he'd ever seen before....but, having not the literacy skill to handle the majority of them, he didn't think much of them. However, the library made a good place to hide. Hide-and-seek was fun, but there was barely anyone around to play it with him.
He shrugged the thought away and waited for someone to lead the way, despite knowing where it was.
Back to top Go down
http://sakeke.deviantart.com
RonnieHanson

RonnieHanson

Calm Evenings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calm Evenings   Calm Evenings EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 7:47 pm

"No, no not Master Bonsai... Just an eerie feelings. We may as well explore this place. I swear we find a new secret passage or hidden room everyday." She rolled her eyes and continued to walk out of the room, assuming the others would follow. She turned suddenly. "I know this sounds cheesy, but... there are ALWAYS secret passages in libraries..." She grinned and raised her eyebrows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Calm Evenings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calm Evenings   Calm Evenings Empty

Back to top Go down

Calm Evenings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who You Gonna Call? :: New York :: Ghostbusters Headquarters-
Jump to: